contact us

My photo
Knoxville, TN
Hello everyone! I just starting publishing my work hoping that it would help my husband and I raise money for medical expenses! We are realizing that starting a family is going to be very different from what we originally anticipated. I know that the Lord is going to be faithful (He ALWAYS is) to help provide the funding we need in order to go forward with building our family. I am thankful for all of the support that friends and family have given us. Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! Please contact me with questions, projects, or if you want to purchase any of my projects at refinishedfurnishings@gmail.com

Monday, July 22, 2013

French Provincial Double Bedframe

I was able to finish this project a week or so ago and am just now uploading some of the pictures. When my husband and I were home visiting my parents we were able to find some cute pieces of furniture to take back with us along with other pieces that my parents had picked up for us in Michigan a week before we got there. So, we planned ahead and asked if we could borrow a big red diesel truck so that we could bring it all back with us... In my parent's mind that meant "loading up the truck with as much stuff as we can to get rid of what we have and make room in the barn." If only you knew my parents... They LOVE going to auctions which results in them buying more "treasures" then they would ever need. As we were leaving my mom insisted that we take back a double bed box spring and mattress set that was gently used... I threw a fit at first because our truck looked CRAZY when we pulled out of the driveway... Once we were home it stayed in the garage until I was able to refinish this beautiful double bed frame. After it was complete I went to purchase some bedding from Target (I LOVE their sheet sets), and marveled at our "almost free" new bed! So, in the end I was thankful! Here are the pictures of the bed frame.
 Here is the bed frame before...


 Isn't it adorable?
 Here is a before and after picture of the headboard.
 Here is a before and after picture of the foot board.
 I have purchased the cutest bed skirt also from Target from their "Shabby Chic" collection which adds even more "cuteness." I'm waiting a little while to purchase the bed set that matches because it is a bed pricey...

No comments:

Post a Comment