contact us

My photo
Knoxville, TN
Hello everyone! I just starting publishing my work hoping that it would help my husband and I raise money for medical expenses! We are realizing that starting a family is going to be very different from what we originally anticipated. I know that the Lord is going to be faithful (He ALWAYS is) to help provide the funding we need in order to go forward with building our family. I am thankful for all of the support that friends and family have given us. Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! Please contact me with questions, projects, or if you want to purchase any of my projects at refinishedfurnishings@gmail.com

Friday, February 7, 2014

Auction! Auction! Auction!

I grew up going to auctions with my parents pretty frequently. I can safely say that the majority of my parents home is furnished because of auctions... I went to my first auction with a family from our church who randomly asked us to go with them. This was my first time actually bidding on items! It was such a RUSH! Needless to say we purchased some furniture that was in rough shape... but I could see past that and knew I could restore the items... Now, I am officially a auction hopper! :~) I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White with a clear wax finish on the majority of the pieces.
 Here are all of the before pictures of what the furniture looked like...
This is what my living room "paint room" looks like when I get a lot of projects... Don't judge :~)
Cute little table with a detachable hutch
I really loved this corner desk and was sad to part with it! 
 I loved this hutch as well. I think furniture looks so clean when it is white!
 Nightstands... oooo lala!
This dresser needed a lot of love, wood clue, sanding and new hardware. I found the same handles on etsy. I painted this a true white paint (not chalk paint). I spray painted the hardware silver. I sold all of the pieces separately so it didn't matter if they matched... 

This desk/vanity also needed some TLC as the top was broken and the inside of the drawers were in rough shape. Nothing to scary for me! I also painted this a true white regular paint... I also lined the drawers with some pretty wrapping paper to cover up the ugly stains that I couldn't get out... I think it is beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment