contact us

My photo
Knoxville, TN
Hello everyone! I just starting publishing my work hoping that it would help my husband and I raise money for medical expenses! We are realizing that starting a family is going to be very different from what we originally anticipated. I know that the Lord is going to be faithful (He ALWAYS is) to help provide the funding we need in order to go forward with building our family. I am thankful for all of the support that friends and family have given us. Thank you for taking time to visit my blog! Please contact me with questions, projects, or if you want to purchase any of my projects at refinishedfurnishings@gmail.com

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Red Hutch

I was asked to refinish this piece for a friend. She is giving her kitchen/living room a fresh look and wanted this to be an accent piece in the kitchen. She told me that at one point she was going to get rid of it! Below are pictures of the process... 
It was painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - Emperors Silk, with a clear and dark wax finish. 
I LOVE what the dark wax did for the piece...
 Here is the before picture...



I also painted 4 picture frames that will be hung above the hutch in their kitchen...
This family LOVES pictures even more than I do... 
I didn't even think that was possible... 







My husband spent an hour trying to figure out how the doors were supposed to go back on... 
We learned our lesson and will pay closer attention to the hinges on our next project with doors... HA!
 I said I used a t-shirt to apply wax... but, I did give the wax brush a try... I just didn't like this brush because the bristles kept falling out which just slowed down the process...

 I found the easiest way to apply the dark wax is to let it sit for a little while and then wipe it down with the clear wax in order to get your desired look. I use an old t-shirt to apply the wax. (Some prefer a wax brush but I personally don't)
I wish my camera could take better photos... the wax really enhanced the finished look!
Here it is in their home... ADORABLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment